Bucureşti 04 May 2017
Trainer: Luís Portugal
The workshop aims to present and explain the items to consider on the Pricing Strategy at an insurance company and the way to avoid common price errors through a pricing strategy and an active pricing management.
The workshop will have 6 hours with a strong practical component and a permanent tutorship.
Managers, commercial managers, product managers, technical departments and other professionals with interest on insurance pricing using a qualitative approach.
Developing knowledge in pricing and subscription risks.
1. Economic Foundations of Prices
• Market structure, demand and supply drivers, information
• Quality of service and price’s wars
2. Understanding Policyholders Behaviour
• Perception and valuation, price framework, minimum and maximum prices, quality perception and understanding of fair pricing
3. Profitability Analysis
• Price’s wars, the role of costs, prices break-even, price strategy leverage and pricing
• Common errors
4. Price Tactics and Strategy
• Tactic is not strategy. Which strategy shall we have? Sales or profitability?
5. Pricing Active Management
• What’s a price and how it may change, restrictions on price movements, pricing by costs and by value, consequences of insurance demand and supply, proactive price management.
• Do we need a Price Manager?
6. Prices follow-up
• The pricing cycle, anticipation of results and follow-up framework
7. Are we in the Prisoner’s Dilemma?
The workshop will be held by Luís Portugal. Partner and Managing Director of ACTUARIAL Group. He is specialized in conducting consulting work to insurers and also Lecturer at the University of Barcelona and a Researcher at the University of Liverpool. Luís Portugal was CEO of two insurance companies, director of the Portuguese Association of Insurers and Chairman of the Portuguese Institute of Actuaries. He was Consulting/Appointed/Audit Actuary and Risk Manager on more than forty insurers.
The program will take place on the 4th of May 2017 between 9.30 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.
The investment for this program is of 200 Euro + VAT/participant and includes: course materials, coffee break, lunch and participation certificate.
At the above fee the following discount will be granted:
The discounts can be cumulated.