Bucharest 21 November 2019
Trainer: Frederick Borgers
The workshop focuses on the practical aspects of P&C pricing. First, the pricing cycle for Non-Life insurance will be explained in detail:
a) Data preparation
b) Risk modelling
c) Callibration of premium: from net risk premium to gross risk premium
d) Considerations when setting commercial premiums
Special attention will be given to the increasing role of the actuary in setting of commercial premiums (phase d):
Examples will be made in Excel or R, so participants can actively contribute. Possibly examples from commercial pricing softwares will be shown too.
- Junior actuaries
- More senior actuaries who are currently not dealing with pricing, or life actuaries willing to expand their knowledge
- Non-actuaries who are dealing with products, underwriting, and want to find out more about pricing
- Make the participants familiar with the P&C pricing cycle
- Update the participants on ongoing developments in P&C pricing
- Show practical examples that can be used on the Romanian market
- Prepare the participants for meetings with Underwriting, Sales, Management Board to defend a tariff calculation
Pricing cycle for P&C insurance
- Data preparation
- Selection of risk factors
- GLM modelling
- Callibration of premium
- Final premium including commercial adjustments
Frederick Borgers is the head of Group Property & Casualty Pricing at UNIQA Insurance Group AG. Frederick was an actuary within the International Actuarial Specialist Programme at Eureko, a non-life actuary at Uniqa Insurance Group AG and the Actuarial Project Manager at UNIQA Asigurări.
The workshop will last for 6 hours and will take place on the 24th of November 2017, between 09:30 and 16:30.
At the above fee the following discounts will be granted:
The discounts can be cumulated.